Abu Dhabi means “the Father of the Gazelle” in Arabic language. Its name is derived from the story of its discovery by a tribe that is led in this place by a gazelle or an antelope. And from that moment, it has transformed into a bustling metropolis with many attractions that awaits tourists from different countries. Here are some of the attractions that we can see in the capital city of United Arab Emirates:
1. Ferrari World – it is the largest indoor theme park in the world. It offers many exciting rides for the whole family to enjoy. They also have different restaurants inside to serve tourists that go there to dine in. And because it’s called Ferrari World, what will you expect? Yes, you are definitely right if you are thinking Ferrari cars. It houses the largest Ferrari store in the world and a boutique where you can create your own unique souvenirs.
2. Abu Dhabi Ice Rink – this ice skating rink is open to tourists of all ages. They offer ice hockey lessons on weekends and the price is very affordable. Be sure to bring your sweater when you visit it.
3. Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque – this architectural treasure of UAE is open to all visitors for free. From its conception to its completion, it unites different countries and people all over the world. Just remember that every Friday morning, this place is strictly for worshippers only, but you can visit it in the afternoon 2pm. They have public tours every day, but if your group is more than 10 persons, you need make advance booking.
4. Manarat Al Saadiyat – this is the Arts Center of Abu Dhabi. It features the Arts Abu Dhabi Gallery. This haven for artist houses international exhibits from around the world. This is truly one of the tourist destinations that you must visit to unleash your inner artistry.
5. Yas Links Abu Dhabi – this place is for those who want to have some fun playing golf. Set against the picturesque view of the Arabian Gulf, this place is ranked 95th in the top 100 Best Golf Courses in the World.
6. Emirates National Auto Museum – if you’re into cars, then this place is for you. Inside the museum are different cars and vehicles that are displayed for visitors to see. There are even military vehicles inside that are open for children to climb on top of it.
7. Abu Dhabi Cultural Foundation – this place is operated by the Abu Dhabi Authority for Culture and Heritage. This center hosts different events like concerts, movies, exhibits and art classes. It comprises the National Library, National Archives and the Institute of Culture and Arts.
There are more tourist destinations in Abu Dhabi that are not listed here. It is for you to discover these places to have a wonderful and fun experience visiting Abu Dhabi.