Are you a Filipino resident in the UAE planning to sponsor a family member or friend to visit you for tourism purposes? You may think that obtaining a visa is all you need to worry about, but there’s an additional requirement that you may not be aware of: the Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG).
This document is required by Philippine immigration before your sponsored relative can travel directly to the UAE. In this article, we’ll guide you through the process of obtaining the ASG at the Philippine Embassy in UAE in Abu Dhabi, so that you can ensure a smooth and hassle-free visit for your loved ones.
If you are a Filipino planning to travel directly to the UAE, you need to be aware of the importance of the Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG). This document is a requirement from the Philippine immigration, especially for those who cannot demonstrate their financial capability. Its purpose is to ensure that a Filipino sponsor in the UAE will provide support and care for the visiting relative.
To obtain the ASG, you need to have it authenticated by the Philippine Embassy or Philippine Consulate. This document is often a prerequisite for processing visit visa applications for family members. The reason for this strict enforcement is to prevent trafficking in persons, illegal recruitment, and other related offenses. Unfortunately, some victims of illegal recruitment have arrived in the UAE on visit or tourist visas. Therefore, obtaining the ASG is a crucial step to ensure your visit to the UAE is legal and protected.
To be eligible for an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG) application, the following main criteria must be met:
- The visitor/s being sponsored must be bona fide relatives within the 1st and 2nd degree of consanguinity or affinity, which includes the following relationships:
- The sponsor/s’ income must be within the appropriate thresholds set per individual/family composition. The sponsor/s must not hold visas under certain categories such as Household Service Workers (HSWs). The minimum monthly income required for different family compositions is as follows:
- Single person (sponsor is residing alone in the UAE): AED 10,000.00
- Family of two (i.e., main sponsor and spouse, or main sponsor/parent sponsor and one child): AED 14,000.00 wherein family of two is either husband and wife or single parent and child
- Family of three (i.e., main sponsor, spouse, and one child; or main sponsor/parent and two children): AED 16,000.00 wherein family of three is husband and wife with one child or single parent with two children
- Family of four (i.e., main sponsor, spouse, and two children; or main sponsor/parent sponsor and three children): AED 18,000.00 wherein family of four is husband and wife with two children or single parent with three children
- Only legal spouses can combine their monthly income to meet the threshold.
- The income threshold is based on cost-of-living estimates from authoritative financial institutions operating in the UAE. As such, it is constantly being reviewed to align with current living costs. The Philippine Embassy does not set or determine the applicable income threshold.
- Applicants are advised to submit their ASG applications at least a month before their visitor/s’ intended date of travel.
By meeting these criteria, you can ensure that your ASG application will be considered and increase your chances of obtaining the required document for your sponsored relative’s visit.
- Two (2) original accomplished Affidavit of Support and Guarantee application forms.
- Photocopy proof of relationship documents such as NSO/PSA-issued birth certificates of the sponsor and the visitor or NSO/PSA-issued marriage certificates of the sponsor and the visitor.
- Photocopy proof of income documents such as the sponsor’s employment contract verified by POLO or issued by the UAE Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE) if in the private sector, payslips for the past six months or bank statements if the salary is credited through bank transfer, salary certificate, and proof of monthly business income for the past 6 months for Investor Visa holders.
- Photocopy proof of accommodation documents such as the tenancy contract from the Abu Dhabi Municipality (ADM) under the sponsor’s name, or a hotel booking for the duration of the trip duly stamped by the hotel or travel agency, with round-trip air tickets if the tenancy contract is not under the sponsor’s name.
- Overseas Workers Welfare Administration (OWWA) membership payment official receipt for the last two (2) years or less from present.
- Photocopy valid passports and UAE residence visas of the sponsor/s and the valid passports and UAE tourist visas of the visitor/s.
- Include the trade license of the travel agency or company facilitating the visitor’s tourist visa.
- Pay the consular fee of AED 100.00 per document upon approval or release of the ASG at the Embassy’s cashier by cash only.
- Ensure that all documents written in Arabic are legally translated to English.
- The Embassy retains the right to require additional documents depending on its evaluation.
It’s important to note that the processing time for the ASG can take between 3-5 working days if the requirements are complete and the application is in order. Follow-ups on the status of ASG application/s will not be entertained during this period of processing. By following these steps and submitting all the necessary documents, you can obtain the ASG and ensure a hassle-free visit for your sponsored relative to the UAE.
How to Apply
To apply for an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG) at the Abu Dhabi Philippine Embassy, applicants must ensure that all requirements are complete and in order. Once this is done, the next step is to book an appointment for the ASG application process.
To make an appointment, applicants can send an email to email@example.com, and the embassy’s staff will respond with the available dates and times for the application. By booking an appointment, applicants can ensure a smooth and efficient process for obtaining the ASG, and avoid any unnecessary delays or complications.
Tips when requesting an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG) at PH Embassy UAE
- Know the requirements: Before going to the embassy, make sure you have all the necessary documents and information required for the ASG application. This includes a valid ID, proof of income, and other supporting documents.
- Book an appointment: The embassy requires all applicants to schedule an appointment in advance. You can do this by visiting the embassy’s website or by calling their hotline.
- Be on time: Make sure to arrive at the embassy on time for your appointment. If you are running late, contact the embassy as soon as possible to inform them.
- Dress appropriately: As a sign of respect, dress appropriately when visiting the embassy. Avoid wearing revealing or offensive clothing.
- Be polite and courteous: When talking to embassy staff, always be polite and courteous. Avoid raising your voice or using offensive language.
- Provide accurate information: Make sure to provide accurate and complete information in your ASG application. Any false or misleading information can lead to your application being denied.
- Follow instructions carefully: Listen carefully to any instructions given by embassy staff and follow them closely. This will help ensure that your application is processed smoothly and efficiently.
- Bring extra copies of important documents: It’s always a good idea to bring extra copies of important documents, such as your passport and proof of income, just in case they are needed.
- Pay the necessary fees: There are fees associated with the ASG application, so make sure to bring enough cash to cover them. You can check the embassy’s website for the current fee schedule.
- Be patient: Processing times for ASG applications can vary, so be patient and avoid following up too frequently. If you have any concerns, you can contact the embassy’s customer service department for assistance.
By keeping these tips in mind, applicants can ensure a smooth and successful process of obtaining an ASG at UAE PH Embassy Abu Dhabi.
Video: WHAT IS AN AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT AND GUARANTEE? Sino ang pwede mong i-sponsor?
This video discusses what an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG) is and who can be sponsored through this document. An ASG is a legal document that serves as a guarantee that the sponsor will provide financial support to the sponsored individual in the Philippines. This document is often required for various purposes, such as visa applications, enrollment in schools, and business transactions.
The sponsored individual can be a relative, friend, or acquaintance who needs financial assistance to accomplish their goals in the Philippines. The sponsor must have the financial capability to provide support to the sponsored individual and must be willing to take legal responsibility for them during their stay in the Philippines.
This video will provide a clear understanding of the purpose of an ASG and the requirements for becoming a sponsor. It also discusses the steps involved in applying for an ASG and the documents needed to complete the application process.
In conclusion, the ASG is a legal document that guarantees financial support for the sponsored individual in the UAE and is required for various purposes, such as visa applications and business transactions. The sponsored individual can be a relative, friend, or acquaintance, and the sponsor must have the financial capacity and willingness to take legal responsibility for them during their stay in the UAE. By following the tips outlined in this video and completing the required documentation, Filipino residents in Abu Dhabi can ensure a smooth and successful application process for obtaining the ASG.
Affidavit of Support and Guarantee Application PDF
Please check out this full outline documentation about the application process and salary requirements table in order to secure an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee .
The Affidavit of Support and Guarantee must be completed by an individual who is sponsoring and financially responsible for the applicant. This individual must provide proof of their financial ability to support and guarantee the applicant. The supporting documents that need to be submitted along with this form may vary depending on the circumstances of the applicant, but typically include proof of income, current bank statements, and a letter attesting to the sponsor’s financial stability.
The Affidavit of Support and Guarantee Application Form can typically be obtained from the embassy or consulate of the UAE in your country.
1. Who can apply for an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee?
Anyone who is a Filipino citizen or has Filipino lineage can apply for an ASG at the Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi.
2. What is the purpose of an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee?
An ASG is a legal document that serves as a guarantee that the sponsor will provide financial support to the sponsored individual in the Philippines. It’s often required for various purposes, such as visa applications, enrollment in schools, and business transactions.
3. What are the requirements for getting an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee?
The requirements for getting an ASG at the Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi include a valid ID, proof of income, and other supporting documents.
4. How do I book an appointment to apply for an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee?
You can book an appointment for an ASG application by visiting the embassy’s website or by calling their hotline.
5. What is the processing time for an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee?
The processing time for an ASG application can vary, but it usually takes around two to three weeks.
6. How much does it cost to get an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee?
The fees for an ASG application at the Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi vary depending on the purpose of the document. You can check the embassy’s website for the current fee schedule.
7. Can I sponsor someone who is not a Filipino citizen through an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee?
No, an ASG can only be used to sponsor someone who is a Filipino citizen or has Filipino lineage.
8. What should I do if I have questions or concerns about my Affidavit of Support and Guarantee application?
If you have any questions or concerns about your ASG application, you can contact the embassy’s customer service department for assistance. They’ll be happy to help you with any issues you may have.
In conclusion, obtaining an Affidavit of Support and Guarantee (ASG) at the Abu Dhabi Philippine Embassy is an essential requirement for sponsoring a family member or friend for tourism purposes. This legal document guarantees that the sponsor will provide financial support to the sponsored individual in the Philippines and is often required for visa applications and other transactions. By following the steps outlined in this article, you can ensure that you’re well-prepared and fully understand the process of obtaining the ASG. With the ASG in hand, you’ll be able to confidently sponsor your loved ones and provide them with a memorable visit to the UAE.
READ NEXT: Philippine Embassy in Abu Dhabi and Overseas Labor Office