How to Register a Complaint Online for Domestic Workers in UAE

It’s not enough for foreign nationals, especially domestic workers; to simply understand the labor laws and their rights as foreign workers in their host country. If needed, they should also be ready to act on what they know about the law and their rights by duly reporting violations or offenses committed against them, especially by their employers or sponsors.

While this may seem like a difficult task, the UAE government, in partnership with worker welfare services, have come up with a method through which domestic workers can file a complaint or report any violations done against them by their boss or sponsors while in the country.

How to Register a Complaint Online for Domestic Workers in UAE
Credits: Google Play Store

Guide to Lodging a Complaint Online for Domestic Workers in UAE

Filing a complaint seems like a bad thing to do but it’s legally not, especially when there’s enough proof to support a complaint against any erring party. Considering the sensitivity of the matter, the TABDEER Centre developed a mobile app specifically for domestic workers through which they can file a complaint online along with other related information to these cases.

To begin, you will need to download and install the Tadbeer UAE app on your mobile phone. Once it installed, you may log on to the app to access the services you wish to avail.

Important: Registration is not required for filing a complaint. You can just choose a language setting then click on “Skip Login”.

  1. On the main screen, look for the box which says “File a Complaint” and click on it.
  2. After clicking this, you will be directed to a page where you can file the details of your complaint. Be sure to go through each section as follows:
    • Select Centre: You can select the nearest Tadbeer Centre on the list, but you can also choose the agency which processed your visa application for work in the country.
    • Passport Number: Be sure that your passport number is valid and accurate, as this will get priority response from the center. Nevertheless, you can still input your passport number even if expired.
    • Full Name: This is kept in private and will only be used to contact the person who filed the complaint.
    • Mobile Number: Make sure that the number you provide is your active number because the Ministry will use this to contact you to verify your report.
    • E-mail Address: Again, be sure to input an active e-mail address here for verification of the case and further instructions on how to proceed.
    • Nationality
    • Birthdate: Make sure that you input the correct detail here following the prescribed format (dd/mm/yyyy) which the Ministry will use to review your records.
    • Attachments 1&2: You may upload documents that support your complaint or serve as proof. These may be photos, documents, videos, or recordings to strengthen your claim. You can also upload a copy of your passport and work visa in this section.
  3. Finally, you will need to compose a statement for your complaint. Be sure to include important details such as dates, your grievances, issues, or complaints regarding the nature of your work or workplace.
  4. Review the details to make sure that you have answered all parts before you click “Submit”.

There you have it! After you have completed the simple steps above, your complaint will be automatically registered with the Ministry of Human Resources and Emiratisation (MOHRE), and you will receive an email confirmation of your complaint. A representative from MOHRE may call you and your sponsor (employer/boss, sponsors, or your agency) to visit the TADBEER Centre for a face-to-face meeting, so be sure to comply and follow relevant instructions.

To know more about the services offered by TADBEER, you may check out their website.

ALSO READ: No More OEC for OFWs, iDOLE OFW ID card as Replacement